Beauty lies in a healthy mind, body, and spirit ...
Questions and Tips Before/After Your Session
- INJURY/ AFTER RACE: Please do not book an appointment the same day that you pull a muscle, wait one or two day for your pain to subside then I can work to break up the knots and recover the tissues. Only light pressure can be used on the day of the injury to promote blood flow but you really need to apply ice compression to reduce swelling/inflammation.
- WAKE UP WITH PAIN/RESTRICTED MOVEMENT ON NECK: Do some gentle stretches, apply some heat compression, and schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
- FREQUENCY FOR MASSAGE: The rule of thump is about 2 to 4 weeks if you are very active: work out and exercise three to five times per week. Otherwise, massage every 4 to 6 weeks should be efficient. Listen to your body, and the more you foam-roll and stretch, the less frequently you need massage!
- AFTER SURGERY: Please get Physical Therapy (PT) as soon as the doctor/surgeon clear. I cannot stress enough how much you will benefit in the recovery process. Always check with doctor/PT for contraindications before coming in for your massage session.
- AFTER YOUR SESSION: Please drink plenty of water to hydrate your body as massage increase your blood circulation. Sometimes next-day pain may occur due to deep work, get some rest and your body should feel better the day after.